Monday, May 01, 2006

WSUS 3.0 - Tell me it isn't so.....

Well, I decided to hold out and wait for TechEd 2006 instead of going to MMS 2006. A couple of team members attended MMS 2006 and came back to tell me that WSUS 3.0 is going to only be available in SMS. Please, tell me it isn't so. Please tell me that there WILL be a standalone WSUS 3.0.

Here's some of the links I could find regarding WSUS 3.0.

When can you expect WSUS 3.0?

What can you expect in WSUS 3.0?

WSUS Team Blog

Computerworld Article on WSUS 3.0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It isn't so! I can tell you for sure, as i was the presenter @ MMS.
WSUS 3.0 will still be a standalone product. I think where your colleagues may have been confused, is that SMS and SCE will also be building on the WSUS infrastructure. You'll still be able to get 3.0 the same way as 2.0.

Eric Shurts said...

Woot! That is great news to hear!