Friday, June 16, 2006

TechEd 2006 - Attendee Party

Attendee Party.
Fenway park was pretty cool. Got to go up to the EMC Club (allegedly, fans who get access to that for games have to commit to tickets for 7 years and they are 275$ a game) and the pavillion club. These were both above home plate and very nice places to dine and enjoy the game.

After feeling like I big shot, we (my peers that were with me from my company, Jim Tench & Dean Ashton) went down to the cheap seats and checked out the park. Dean and I got to walk the warning track and walk under the Green Monster (it looks bigger on TV). We then went over and watched them engrave the bats and I picked up an italian sausage - not too bad, the ones in Chicago are better). Then we moved to the old wooden seats (which I didn't fit in too well since I'm so big and tall) and watched the concert.

The food hawkers were out an about tossing peanuts, sports bars (chocolate covered ice cream treats), and cracker jacks. Since they were free, they hawkers had fun throwing them as far as possible to get them to you. The opening act finished their set and eventually Train took the stage. A few songs into it, they invited some of the ladies in the front to come up and dance with them. Apparently at the end of the song, one of them got hurt and so they stopped the concert. Train left the stage (I hope to check out the lady who was hurt and make sure she was alright). They did come back and finish their concert.

We ducked out a little early to beat the bus rush and checked out the Red Sox Souvenier shop. Dean didn't find the shirt he wanted and Jim and I didn't want anything so we then departed for our seperate busses. Got back to the hotel exhausted and hit the sack. Woke up in time to get breakfast and my first session in but work up to no hot water (eventually found out that no one in the hotel had hot water). I waited a bit and tried later. Eventually I bit the bullet and took an ice cold shower (instant wake up) and headed over to the convention center to type up this blog.

No comments: